The importance of TREES is far beyond beauty. The value and purpose of trees is enormous; and their existence is vital for our survival.
- Trees help to combat global warming by absorbing carbon dioxide, removing and storing carbon while releasing oxygen back into the air.
- The shade of trees also provides a useful barrier to harmful ultra-violet radiation from the sun.
- Trees provide a canopy and a habitat for many species of animals.
- Trees and plants act as a community gathering spot, within a hot neighborhood and encourage compassion amongst people within that community.
- Trees help to improve air quality by intercepting and trapping dust and other pollutants from the air.